All permanent generator installations require the approval of the Board of Directors. If you are installing a permanent generator you must follow this policy. You are required to submit to the Board of Directors, via the managing agent, the following information and materials:
- A plot plan of your lot that shows the proposed location of the generator in relation to your house.
- All propane tanks that have a total combined gallon content in excess of one hundred (100) gallons must be buried. This location needs to be shown on the plot plan as well.
- A specification sheet on the make and model of your generator, or an internet link to this information.
- All generators are required to be shielded by landscaping. Please include a list and a diagram of the plants you propose to use to shield the generator from view.
- You are also required to have the written approval of all neighbors that are contingent to your lot.
All final approvals for the installation of a generator are predicated on the approval from the Town of Somers, NY. Once the installation is complete you are required to submit to the managing agent a copy of the Town of Somers NY revised Certificate of Occupancy that the Town will issue upon their final inspection.
Should you have any questions please contact the Managing Agent.